Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Jacksonville, Fl
Legal Help for Injured Cyclists
According to the US Department of Transportation, about one-third of bicycle accidents happen at intersections. Right of way can often come into question in crashes between cars and bikes.
If you've been in a bicycle crash, you might have a case. Know what to look for when choosing a bicycle accident lawyer. It is important to have an experienced trial attorney that knows how to investigate the cause of the crash and convincingly present your case to the judge or jury.
Bicyclists can be vulnerable to negligent drivers. Some common causes of crashes include:
- Drivers failing to yield the right-of-way.
- Drivers failing to see bicyclists entering intersections.
- Drivers hitting bicyclists while backing up.
- Running red lights or stop signs.
- Drivers making a left or right turn into the path of a bicyclist.
Common bicycle injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injury
Bicycle safety tips:
- Always wear a helmet.
- Avoid two-lane and other narrow roads, where 60 percent of roadway bicycle crashes happen.
- Studies show bicyclists are safest on paths and trails designated for bikes.
Serious bicycle crashes can result in death. If your spouse or family member has been killed in a bicycle crash, it is important to immediately contact an attorney who can begin a thorough investigation of the crash.
If You're Involved in a Bicycle Accident, What Should You Do?
Coker Law cautions cyclists to ride carefully. However, if you are injured by a negligent driver, speak with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer. You may qualify to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other expenses related to your injuries. To speak with a Coker Law attorney or for more information, contact us online or call (904) 299-0808.