Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
Representing TBI Survivors in Jacksonville, FL
A traumatic brain injury (TBI), caused by a blow or other “trauma” to the head forceful enough to cause a temporary or permanent disruption in brain function, can be mild or acute. Often, the trauma is minor, but the injury quite severe.
Symptoms range from a headache or a mild concussion to seizure disorders, coma and death. Falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury, followed by motor vehicle crashes, being struck by an object or striking the head against something, and finally, assaults. At Coker Law, we have extensive experience with traumatic brain injuries and truly understand them and their effects.
According to the Family Caregiver Alliance website:
- About two million head injuries of all types (including skull and facial fractures) occur every year in the U. S. (175 to 200 per 100,000 populations).
- Over 1.5 million Americans suffer nonfatal traumatic brain injuries each year that do not require hospitalization. About the same number are reported to sustain a brain injury resulting in a loss of consciousness but not severe enough to result in long-term institutionalization (an annual rate of 618 per 100,000 person-years).
- Another 300,000 individuals suffer brain injuries severe enough to require hospitalization, with 99,000 resulting in a lasting disability. 56,000 people die each year because of traumatic brain injury.
- Traumatic brain injuries account for an estimated 34% of all injury deaths in the United States.
- An estimated 62.3 per 100,000 adults age 15 and over are living in the community with enduring functional impairments due to TBI (excludes most survivors of mild TBI).
An estimated 5.3 million Americans are living today with a disability related to a traumatic brain injury. If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury — even a mild one — you may no longer be able to do the work you once enjoyed. TBIs can affect your memory and cause emotional upset, confusion and difficulty with even simple cognitive activities that you once took for granted.
Our firm has extensive experience in handling complex claims associated with traumatic brain injury. We understand the demands of this type of case and have the resources to employ appropriate medical experts to prove your current injuries and develop a medical treatment plan that should be followed over time.
If you or a loved one have sustained a traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of others, Coker Law will commit the full force of its team's estimable knowledge, skill and reputation to obtain fair compensation that meets your current and future needs.