Car Accident Lawyers in Jacksonville, FL
Car Crash Lawyers You Can Trust
Our car accident lawyers have been trying car crash cases for more than 45 years, and have the resources to help you. We work with our firm's in-house investigator, researchers and a network of recognized experts to determine the cause of your crash, and develop a solid case to protect your rights.
We also have the legal, financial, technical and expert witness resources necessary to challenge the doctors and other experts typically hired by insurance companies to limit their financial responsibility. The legal team at Coker Law will fight throughout the course of your case to ensure that you are compensated now and for the future.
The Impacts of a Car Crash
A vehicle crash can occur within seconds, but the serious injuries, pain, disability, and financial losses often last a lifetime. Declines in your health, loss of your time and income, and a significant decrease in the quality of your life all occur due to the negligence of someone else.
How To Protect Your Car Crash Case
Throughout his career Coker Law Of Counsel, Charles Sorenson is among the experienced trial attorneys at the firm dedicated to representing seriously injured plaintiffs and their families in personal injury and wrongful death cases, often caused by car crashes.
Over his many years he has seen clients who have put their own cases at risk. You can hear his top advice to protect the outcome of your case.
Coker Law recognizes that the moments after a crash can be overwhelming and confusing. It's important that you react as calmly and clear headed as possible for your own safety at the moment, and the future of any potential case.
What To Do After A Car Crash
- Immediately call for medical help if someone is injured.
- Call the police. They will send medical help if someone is injured and document the accident for legal purposes. If you don't call the police, it is your word against the at-fault driver's.
- Report the accident to your insurance agent as soon as possible.
- Exchange information with the other people involved, such as address, phone number, and insurance policy information.
- In a car crash, get the license plate number; make, model and year of the vehicle; driver's insurance information; car registration number; driver's license number.
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Take pictures of the crash, damage to the vehicle, and the area around the crash.
- Collect any physical evidence that could have caused the crash.
- Gather details from the crash: draw a diagram of the crash; note the date and time; the type of weather; the location of the crash, including any landmarks.
- Don't panic. Remain calm and call for help.
- Don't leave the scene of the crash.
- Don't discuss the crash with anyone other than as required by law enforcement.
- Don't forget to document and take pictures of all damages, especially your vehicle.
- Don't wait. The longer you wait to get medical care or legal advice, the harder it is to prove your case. In most cases, you must receive medical care within 14 days or else you could lose coverage under your own insurance policy.
- Don't speak to anybody from the at-fault person's insurance company before consulting a lawyer. If you give a statement, it may be used against you in the future.
- Don't sign any papers given to you by an insurance company or agree to a settlement of your case until you get legal advice.
Safer Streets Through Smarter Drivers
Coker Law is also invested in making the streets safer for everyone through its Safer Streets Through Smarter Drivers partnership with the Apex Resource Center's Virtual Vehicle and world renowned driving educator Trish Johnson.
To learn more about Coker Law's safer driving campaign click here.
If You're Involved in a Car Crash, What Should You Do?
Coker Law cautions drivers to be careful and if you are injured by a negligent driver, speak with an experienced car accident lawyer. You may qualify to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to your injuries. To speak with a Coker Law attorney or for more information call (904) 299-0808 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.