Serious & Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Jacksonville
Representing Victims of Catastrophic Injury
While injuries after an accident can range in severity, some are serious, if not catastrophic. These injuries require extensive care and treatment that may last a lifetime. If another person’s negligence or wrongdoing caused your injuries, you might be entitled to compensation that will help cover the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
At Coker Law, we represent individuals who have sustained serious, catastrophic injuries in Jacksonville, Florida, and the surrounding areas. Our experienced trial attorneys will fight to obtain the justice you deserve. We have recovered millions in verdicts and settlements for our clients. If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact our office at (904) 356-6071 to schedule a free consultation.
What to Do After a Serious or Catastrophic Injury
If you suffer a serious or catastrophic injury, there are likely a million things going through your mind. You may be unable to work or remain hospitalized for an extended period of time. The last thing that you should have to be concerned about is how you are going to pay for the care that you need to recover.
Following these steps after a serious injury can help ensure you receive the compensation you deserve:
- Call 911. Regardless of the type of accident you were in, you should always contact local law enforcement if you are injured. Let the dispatcher know of the injuries so that they can send emergency medical personnel.
- Collect evidence at the scene. If you are catastrophically injured, this may not be possible. But if you or your loved one is able, it is a good idea to take pictures and videos at the scene of the incident.
- Seek medical attention. It is imperative that you be seen by a medical professional as soon as possible after you are injured. In most cases, a seriously injured person will be taken to the hospital via an ambulance from the scene, but it is not always the case. Some injuries are not immediately apparent after an accident.
- Contact a Jacksonville catastrophic injury attorney. As soon as possible, you need to consult with an attorney. An attorney can investigate your claim to determine whether you are eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit against a liable party.
Thousands of people are seriously injured in Jacksonville each year. Many of the accidents that cause these injuries are preventable. You should not have to pay for someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. Contact our Jacksonville serious injury attorneys today for a free consultation.
Types of Catastrophic Injury Cases We Handle
We handle most catastrophic injury cases that are caused by another person’s recklessness or carelessness. Our trial lawyers have extensive experience helping injured parties obtain the compensation they need in order to obtain the best medical care available.
We handle most serious and catastrophic injury cases including those involving:
- Burns and explosions
- Child and infant injuries
- Fractures and ligament injuries
- Herniated and bulging disc injuries
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
For over 40 years we have been representing clients who have suffered unimaginable harm in accidents across Jacksonville. Let us help you get the best possible outcome in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries can be caused by a number of different things, but many times the underlying accidents are avoidable.
Common causes of catastrophic injuries include:
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Truck accidents
- Workplace accidents
If you are seriously harmed in an accident, you need to speak with a Jacksonville catastrophic injury attorney immediately. An attorney can help you understand your rights and determine whether you should file a claim for damages. Damages in a personal injury lawsuit may include compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
How We Can Help
If you are catastrophically injured in an accident, our trial lawyers can help investigate your case to determine who or what caused you harm. Our legal team will work tirelessly to obtain the largest possible recovery on your behalf.
We know how devastating a serious injury can be, which is why we fight to maximize damages. Our lawyers will work with you to determine the best course of action. Cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you pay no fees unless we win your case.
Seriously Injured in an Accident? Contact Our Office.
Were you or a loved one seriously injured in Jacksonville, FL? Contact our office at (904) 356-6071 to schedule a free consultation. All catastrophic injury claim evaluations are provided at no cost and without obligation to retain our services.
At Coker Law, we are committed to excellence. With over 1400 verdicts we know what it takes to take cases to trial and win. Call our office today to speak with an attorney.